cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL N66U Wireless Router setup

TerFar
Dabbler

Re: Asus DSL N66U Wireless Router setup

I was about to make a new post when I saw this post. I have a similar problem too.
New DSL-N66U with Plusnet Fibre: just won't connect.
Everything looks good in as far as the DSL light is on and indications are that the DSL is good, but Internet is down. It seems to be Plusnet is not letting this box connect, almost as though the log in details (account name and password) are being rejected, thus there no IP or DNS being assigned to the router.
I've attached copies of the WAN setting page (with the Plusnet username and password blanked out for obvious security reasons!) and the error message that the N66U throws up when I boot up my computer.
Is this just an incompatibility or Plusnet belligerently stopping other routers being use (I have cloned the MAC address of the Plusnet router into the N66U) or is this a BT restriction at the local exchange?
I've now modified the the WAN setup page because I updated the BIOS to 1.0.7.7 from 1.0.7.0 that it had been using as a default. But even with the changes, the resuklt is the same. The WAN light on the front is on permanently and on the WAN setup page, the Internet Light (at the very top) is green and lit up. So as before, it seems that this is connected to the WAN fine, but Plusnet does not seem to be authenticating and handing our the IP address or DNS.
I definitely baffled.