Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL N55U & FTTC

tonycollinet
Grafter

Asus DSL N55U & FTTC

Hi
The ASUS DSL N55U (ADSL Modem) can now also do PPPoE via one of the ethernet ports. Am I correct in thinking that this can therefore be used in place of the plusnet supplied router when FTTC finally arrives this summer?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
grahameys
Dabbler

Re: Asus DSL N55U & FTTC

You can. I use the exact same router linked up to the BT modem installed by openreach and its perfect
madfiddler

I have the latest Firmware installed. Not having any luck with setting the Ethernet Wan to Lan port 1 and attempting to connect via PPPoE. Any tips please?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I've no idea about the ASUS but other routers with the facility to utilise an ethernet port for WAN require either a complete restart or even a factory reset and set-up from scratch when changing between DSL and EWAN operation.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
madfiddler

Thank you - yep tried that. No luck so far.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Can you post screenshots of your settings pages (Scramble your logon details)
madfiddler

Hi Tony,
I just removed the log-in details for the benefit of the screenshot
I've tried with and without the service name too - done a couple of hard resets and reflashed the firmware. Also tried manual google DNS's
Thanks for taking a look,
Mark.
madfiddler

Well, it appears to be sorted. My mistake was to not switch the OpenReach modem off and on when changing the routers over!!!! Smiley