cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astrolamp Speed Problems

picbits
Rising Star

Re: Astrolamp Speed Problems

I feel your pain - I've had to deal with Tiscali before and they were a nightmare.
Generally the staff here bend over backwards to help - they may need a bit of reminding now and again if they are busy but they are pretty good at getting stuff sorted.
Most of the complaints I see on here are line fault related or internal wiring issues etc. Closely followed by BT Openreach not turning up and some billing issues. Then there is the ongoing issues of slow speeds at peak times which are being looked into but that's the big bonus of Plusnet - they are actively looking at sorting the issues.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Hope the good speeds do keep up, please let us know if not - if you do notice it happening again it'd be great if you could reply to the fault ticket with times/dates you'd be available for an engineer visit so we can get that booked in for you. Certainly hope there's no need for that though, thanks for letting us know Smiley
astrolamp
Dabbler

Speed today 1.22Mb/s, which is going backwards from where we were.
My wife has noticed how engineers of various descriptions are always in the street cabinet across the road from us and were there yesterday.
Strikes me there are always faults around here, but is some of this 'fiddling in the box' actually affecting connections, because my wife said it used to affect our connections before on AO-Hell?
I WANT to call the engineer, but am fearful of an 'all clear' diagnosis which we have to pay for with money we don't have. Huh
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
astrolamp
Dabbler

No problems with phone calls whatsoever.
Same speeds as yesterday : 1.22Mb/s download, 0.24Mb/s upload.
Wonder what happened to the 4Mb/s+ we were getting a few days ago?
astrolamp
Dabbler

I am also baffled about several people's reference to a 'ticket' or 'fault ticket'.
What exactly am I supposed to be looking for?
I am not aware of these terms or what it looks like or what to do with it.
Please advise.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Anotherone
Champion

The system calls them "Questions", everyone however calls them "Tickets".
If you can do the following -
Run the BT Speedtester (Diagnostic) (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
Check your Current Line speed (Login required). and post it. This should match the BT IP Profile.
Login to your modem/router and copy and paste the full DSL stats by clicking View more under DSL connection and Details in the top RHS, as shown here
That may enable us to suggest what may be happening.
astrolamp
Dabbler

Results of test :
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.97 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2.53 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.29 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps
Clear as mud, so off we go to the explanations page..............
Lost connection a few times earlier today as well.
AndyH
Grafter

Could you post your router stats (from the router admin page)?
Anotherone
Champion

Also I trust you have found your Fault Ticket and responded to Chris Pettitt's request about availability for an Engineer visit.
The Speedtester results suggest you are on a 20CN exchange connection, but the stats would help to clarify that, as well as indicate what you should be expecting.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi ,
If you could provide us with 3 dates that you're available on your fault ticket we'll be able to progress on getting this resolved ASAP for you.
Chris
astrolamp
Dabbler

Is it any wonder I get fed up on here?
Andy H : 'Could you post your router stats (from the router admin page)?'
WHAT exactly am I supposed to be looking for and WHERE?
I am sick of trying to navigate around these pages.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html explains what is needed and gives a link as to how to get them
Anotherone
Champion

@astrolamp
I posted about the information required, where and how to look for it in reply #22. You've been asked for the same information before.
Not once have you said that you didn't understand what was asked for, or didn't know how to get it, until you decided to moan about AndyH. You've moaned at me previously! So you are sick of trying to navigate around these pages. Well I'm sick of talking to a brick wall.
I'm not surprised that you've had problems with previous and other suppliers, you are bloody impossible to deal with! Endof.