cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astraweb connect timeout

Poldav

Astraweb connect timeout

I have just tried the support chat & the person there failed to understand the issue, refused to escalate & then cut me off. I was polite throughout & as a customer who has sung your praises, I'm not very impressed, Plusnet!

For a few days, I have been unable to connect to Astraweb newsnet servers - no response from server/connection timeout. It worked fine previously & after looking at my AV/Firewall & discussing with Astraweb, I tried cycling the router. I get timeouts pinging any of the astraweb addresses from an escalated command prompt. Just as an afterthought I tried using news.plus.net & it worked. So, I downloaded a VPN client & was able to connect.

This seems to tell me that the url's for astraweb are being blocked by Plus (or BT). The chat person said they weren't blocked but I'm not convinced she actually knew that.

Can anyone here help me get this sorted please?

I don't want to use a VPN & I've paid to access the astraweb premium servers.

4 REPLIES 4
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Astraweb connect timeout

Have you check that Plusnets firewall is disabled in "members centre". Remember, if you change the firewall setting you need to renew your connection (reboot the router) before it takes effect.

Poldav

yep

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Poldav

Can an admin pick this up please?

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hey,

Can you please provide the URL's you're trying to access please? If you'd prefer to private message me them, that's fine - happy to take a look for you.