cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associations

perrymitchell2

Associations

I have two telephone lines with two Plusnet accounts. I want shortly to close one of the lines/accounts. In order to do this I have to move some stuff around in the house, and this begs some questions:
1) Are my Plusnet accounts bound to the telephone lines?
2) Am I free to move the routers between lines? One is newer than the other.
3) The newer router is showing a G992.5 (ADSL2+) protocol, the older one G992.1 (ADSL). This stays with the router if I swap lines. The routers (Technicolor)  look identical and have the same firmware release code.
Thanks for any support
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Associations

1. Yes
2. Yes BUT the automatic router setup is tied to the line so you would need to disable that on the  account you are retaining and set the router up manually as moving the router would retain the settings from the original line
3. It sounds as though the two lines are provisioned differently so can you post the stats from each line
perrymitchell2

Thanks Jim
That would explain some things I've seen!
On the original lines/routers, the older one on G.992.1 had up/down loss at 26/46dB, S/N 23/6dB, the newer one on G.992.5  had loss 25/48dB, S/N 5.4/3.9dB
Can you explain why the up S/N is so much worse on one than the other?
Is it possible to do a factory reset to clear the original settings?
I'm at work at the moment so I don't have access to the routers.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I need to see the speeds as well but I think that the original line is provisioned on a fixed speed product - probably 2048/256
Edit - what a load of rubbish obviously my eyesight isn't what it should be
perrymitchell2

Off the top of my head, both lines give about 5Mb/s on a good day.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Presumably the ADSL2+ line has uncapped upstream, and the ADSL1 line doesn't, so the ADSL1 line has a high upstream SNR margin because the upstream speed is capped to less than what the line is capable of.