Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned a non-plusnet IP address

tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Assigned a non-plusnet IP address

Quote from: AGil83
Even tried it wired with the wireless off and still the same problem.

That's pretty conclusive then.  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
If you go into the router you should be able to see the username as that will have changed and that should give you the necessary information to contact them

Don't think so:
Quote from: zZz
TalkTalk LLU ignores PPP usernames and passwords so it would not surprise me if your router with its stored Plusnet username & password will happily connect to the TalkTalk network.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

Download loads of illegal stuff and see which neighbour the police turn up at Wink
On a more serious note, I hope you get this sorted quickly - let us know what the issue was !
tonycollinet
Grafter

Quote from: DomS
Download loads of illegal stuff and see which neighbour the police turn up at Wink

Best solution to a problem I've seen posted on here EVAH!  Grin
deathtrap
Grafter

Stalk Talk Are web blocking happy  So he would need a VPN which would defeat the objective, But they could always DDOS A government web site or hack a bank
AndyH
Grafter

Not really sensible or appropriate comments...
AGil83
Dabbler

Quote from: DomS

This did make me chuckle! Smiley Not exactly helpful though dude!
At the moment I just want someone from Plusnet to look into this properly because the way I see it I'm currently paying for a non-existent service. I haven't checked the land line but assuming this has been taken over as well. I paid for a year's line rental up front so surely I should be due a partial refund? Why should I continue paying if i'm not getting anything from them? Tempted to cancel my DD until they get this sorted and see how long I can get by with my 'free' TalkTalk service!  Angry
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

From an earlier post
Have you checked your phone line is still assigned the right phone number by dialling 17070?
Have you tried that ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

At the moment I just want someone from Plusnet to look into this properly ..........

It is disappointing that Plusnet as being so slow at taking ownership of this issue.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, but there is only a small number of us on the forum so it might take a bit of time to pick every thread up. I'm just about to go and test the line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

OK I tested the line as though it was a 'crossed line' fault, and it's come back with an error so I'm raising it to Openreach now. I'll update the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I have raised a question via the support team but they are taking over a week at a time to get back to me

When did you raise this question?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi AGil83,
I can see from ticket 79760622 you've ruled out the possibility of being on the wrong line.
I realise this may sound obvious but it hasn't been mentioned so far, are you sure your router isn't connecting perhaps to a neighbours open wifi network?
If you're confident that isn't the case I'd advise giving Talk Talk a call as soon as you can.
Adam

Was this response appropriate? I didn't think so.
acarneiro
Grafter

The first half was quite appropriate, I thought.
The second half a lot less so. I agree with a few other costumers on here: if my line went to pot because of foul play from another ISP it would be for Plusnet to sort it out, not the individual.
Do keep this thread alive, I am quite interested in seeing whether TalkTalk really do sink as low as some have said.
Chris
Legend

I don't think TalkTalk have slammed or taken this line, when I do a tag check it's still showing as Plusnet so I'm pretty sure it's an exchange fault.