cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

mal0z
Grafter

Re: Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

It's some time ago now - but I'm certain I asked a question about  the billing system and I'm certain it wasn't answered.
I would hope these "Meet the Senior Management" threads become a regular thing.
Up here in Scotrail territory - the managing director regularly goes to various stations around the country and mans a stand at the station during busy morning and/or afternoon rush hours .
Richard Branson does similar things on the airliners and trains allegedly.
Maybe BT companies should do similar things ?.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: mal0z
It's some time ago now - but I'm certain I asked a question about  the billing system and I'm certain it wasn't answered.

It is and you did here and it wasn't as far as I can see.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: Wheel_nut
Several points have been raised and a number of unanswered questions have been highlighted here. No further answers or acknowledgment of the unanswered questions have been provided and the thread has been dormant since 17 April.
The "minority" you indict here make a valid point that both Anthony Vollmer and Peter Jackson have shown contempt for this community by ignoring questions raised in response to solicitations made by THEMSELVES.

What questions do you think have been ignored or remain unanswered? Whilst I've not had a great deal of involvement in this thread up until now I didn't think there were any? Huh

Bob, On the understanding that you are representing Anthony and Peter, I am responding to you.
My questions were in "Reply #" 4 and 26 in the original Questions Thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74457.16.html ; and again in "Reply #" 14 of this thread.
R
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Well, what (or where) are the answers?  Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

It's not been ignored.
I've made Anthony aware of your queries and he'll be along when he has some time.
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks James,
But when you say "when he has time" - may I suggest - and far be it from me to tell Anthony how to do his job - but surely the MD should allocate a certain percentage of his working week - communicating with his customers ? - and asking you guys what are the the most pressing issues for him to focus on Huh
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Midnight
Oldjim, with all jouw respekt, it is not for you to say that it is ok for Phorm and like to be able to scrape Personal Messages from this forum! 
Plus it is not for you to say that Phorm and like can scrape home pages!

I don't think Phorm (or any other robot...) would be able to scrape personal messages?!  It would have to log in as you to see them!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
James
Grafter

Let's be realistic - Did any of you ever see Lee Strafford posting in here?  I hope not, because I certainly didn't.
A chairman's job is to run a company.  He pays people to tell him what his customers are saying.  I think that we've been very lucky to have a Chairman who has clearly made a conscious effort to engage with you in the initial thread.  He's told me that he will have a look when he has time.
By the way, I send him, and our other Directors a list of what I perceive to be the key issues every week.  This thread is currently on that list.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
He pays people to tell him what his customers are saying.

On it's own that is a mistake IMHO
James
Grafter

On it's own that is a mistake IMHO

You've just suggested that I shouldn't be paid anymore.
Colin
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
I don't think Phorm (or any other robot...) would be able to scrape personal messages?!  It would have to log in as you to see them!

I thought that, but then I wondered if Phorm sits between the EU and the Server somewhere such that the HTML coming from the server is 'seen' so if I was logged in and checking my messages on an ISP with Phorm, it would see the contents of every webpage I visited... which is why SSL helps - almost like a transparent proxy for want of an easier way to say it?
If it's not that, then as Kelly said, it would need to log in as you to read them.
[/off-topic]
Santiago
Grafter

@jameseh, No I didn't, you [Censored]
The boss should have customer feedback from you and your plusnet colleagues of course but he should get involved himself.
He will benefit from first hand customer contact and so will the customers. I believe people on the forum enjoyed his involvement in this thread. I think it is being suggested it would be nice for him to continue his involvement on the forum and he can do that easily from his computer.
Santiago
Grafter

Deleted: double posted, sorry
mal0z
Grafter

James
of course you feed back info to the directors, but I contend that directors should be directly involved with their customers - they have been in all the companies I have worked for - they worked with the staff to do it and made sure we did a good job, by listening to what customers were saying to them first hand.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Let's be realistic - Did any of you ever see Lee Strafford posting in here?  I hope not, because I certainly didn't.

I don't think he ever posted in Community, although he did post (once or twice) in the old portal forums AFAIR.
One post was defo made in the Mods lounge by Mr S, and I have a feeling there might have been two posts on his account.
'twas a long time ago though, and to clarify your point, he didn't ever post on the forums in the manner that Mr V has.