cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you throttling my parents connection?

CrystalJayme
Grafter

Are you throttling my parents connection?

I did two speed tests today at 1.43pm from http://speedof.me/ and beta.speedtest.net both showing around 12mbps then I at around 6pm I find the connection speed around 2mbps on both sites that I did the other test. This is unacceptable plusnet and you need to get your act together before more of your customers leave. My parents are now thinking about leaving because its obvious that as you are now part of BT you cannot support customers needs any more. We are not happy at all.

5 REPLIES 5
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Re: Are you throttling my parents connection?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there, 

There can be many reasons for evening slowdowns, but I can assure you on the current products we offer there are no rate limits or throttling. Have your parents reported the issues to us for investigation?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thanks Chris but what is there to investigate when the speeds were fine hitting around 11-13mbps during the day then after 6pm it goes down hill. Its obvious that you cannot support plusnet customers as well as BT subscribers. My parents aren't the only ones who are seeing this. My parents are not receiving the speeds that they were promised and please don't use the sodding excuse of "Well its up to 17mbps" this is not acceptable and its time that you compensate us don't you think?.

CrystalJayme
Grafter

Screenshot taken tonight via speedtest and sync speed from router TP-LINK VR600 wifi connected at 5hz

This Is Not Acceptable Plusnet

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

but what is there to investigate when the speeds were fine hitting around 11-13mbps during the day then after 6pm it goes down hill

To investigate what's causing this, we have more than enough bandwidth across our network so we need to see what's causing the slowdowns.

Do the same slowdowns happen on a wired connection? Is it every night?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.