No issues yet, should I expect any problems later on  Tongue  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Are you still online

Hi Apprentice,
This question came up on the Plusnet Usergroup site a couple of weeks back. The short answer is no, you should not see any problems as we use PowerDNS which already supports DNSSEC. If you'd like more details check here:
EDIT: Removed link from NDA section of usergroup site.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unfortunately that link goes to forums that are not accessible to general members. However I understand it was discussed on Usenet in p.s.customer-feedback around the middle of April.
David
Apprentice
Grafter

Unfortunately that link goes to forums that are not accessible to general members

Yes, so I've just found out  Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

My bad chaps, didn't realise that was in an NDA forum.  Embarrassed
Anyway, here is a direct quote from Bob of what I was trying to link too Smiley
The first root servers were signed in January, the rest will be signed in May. The problems only occur if DNSSEC is configured, but EDNS is not. This leads to responses that are too large for the resolver to deal with.
We're using PowerDNS which supports DNSSEC but it's a relatively new feature of the software so it's not switched on at the moment.
That means we have neither DNSSEC nor EDNS configured so there shouldn't be any issues.
From the 5th May root nameserver lookups will be done via TCP rather than UDP, this means additional traffic for both root nameservers and for all caching nameservers that for whatever reason cannot handle EDNS.
We have been looking at whether or not we need to do anything about these overhead implications.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks for that Adam

Bob said :-
We have been looking at whether or not we need to do anything about these overhead implications

What will these overhead implications do to the end users connection?