richster
Grafter

Are you happy

What do you think?
17 REPLIES 17
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: Are you happy

I'm very happy. Especially with the support on this forum. You know who you are :).
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There  is no company that cannot do better. I'm sure PlusNet will agree there are many things that they could do better but overall they don't do a bad job.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you're not happy it's easy to come to this forum to complain as many do, myself included, and things generally soon get sorted out.
Broadband seems, by its very nature, to have its ups and downs and it's how the company deals with the downs that counts.
From my experience PlusNet does that very well, either by the now freephone or online. I can't complain about the service.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I voted could do better. Not overly excited with PN to be honest.. but considering the budget price I suppose its a no thrills service.
Tech support however IMO should still be a priority and it doesn't seem that way with PN. We signed up because they had a reputation for being a geeks techy ISP who actually knew what they were doing. Seems we were wrong to be honest but gotta admit.. you just can't beat the price.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Y2J
Grafter

Love the customer support , the actual service?
Meh
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

There are probably a handful, at most, of better ISPs, at a price, but I've had three years of excellent service at a reasonable cost. My referrals are happy too.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
andyfuk
Dabbler

I'd give them 9.9 out of 10.
I've had a couple of issues, one last year around xmas I seem to remember a problem with their servers when I had no internet for a couple of days, and one a few days ago, but I have no idea what went wrong there, it could be my exchange at fault.
Otherwise I've had a few years of excellent service with little trouble- you can tell by my post count 🙂
gingerbloke
Grafter

I came to PN from Orange, who were unable to successfully deal with an intermittent line fault (they kept suggesting different splitters/routers,etc). PN response has been intelligent & methodical, and they do seem to be able to work with Openreach to get some focus on a fault.
My BB speed is more consistent with PN, it doesn't seem to suffer from the usual 'Sunday Night' rush-hour, or even slow down early evenings (I guess this is just a sign that there were too many Orange/Wanadoo customers on my exchange?)
Adam
mwerle
Grafter

Generally very happy - when I first signed up nearly 10 years ago extremely so.  The 'geeky support' was definitely there back then; these days it seems to be a little more hit-and-miss (I wonder how many tech-support people they inherited from BT...).  IMHO things went downhill after the BT acquisition; seem to be on the mend again now though.
The service varies - sometimes great (for years on end) other times there seem to be periods with more problems.
Currently a bit meh since my ADSL2+ service is down to 5Mbps (and has been for a year or so - it was initially stable at 12Mbps for over half a year) and apparently nothing anybody can do. I resigned myself to blame all the work BT has been doing on the wiring and exchanges around Ealing, which isn't really PlusNet's fault.  Time for Fibre?
On the whole happy and would still recommend to others.
James
Grafter

To clarify, we didn't inherit any technical support staff from BT after the acquisition, however we have since had some staff join that used to work for BT.
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
keith4x4
Grafter

Very unhappy with the rubbish treatment I have had.
Its time PN got off there backside and looked at solving my problems not just treating symptoms then blaming BT.
If it goes on any longer I will cancel my DD and move my bank account as I refuse to pay a cancellation fee to a bunch of robbers who have ripped me off for years!
How do they get away with their “second to non” campaign is beyond me.
Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it would help if you started another thread and detailed you problem, perhaps you will get some help
Heloman
Grafter

Very happy.
This is my fifth, and by far the best, ISP.
What other ISP can you name that interacts with its customers so willingly on both usenet and the forums, in addition to the normal fault reporting by phone or ticket?