cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we with plusnet yet ?

galaxy66
Grafter

Are we with plusnet yet ?

We have received an email from Plusnet at 3.16 informing us our Broadband has been activated, but I still have the BT home Hub router connected , the Thompson kit is still in the box, and according to a speed test I have done my ISP is still BT ????Huh
17 REPLIES 17
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Are we with plusnet yet ?

If you are planning on using the Thomson router then get it out of it's box and connect it up Smiley
I see you have posted via a BT connection.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

or wait until you don't have internet access  Grin to do it
galaxy66
Grafter

So despite receiving an email from Plusnet stating they have connected my broadband who at this moment is my ISP then BT or Plusnet?Huh
Does this mean Plusnet will work with my home Hub?Huh
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

See below Cheesy
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Until you change the login from BT to Plusnet you are with BT - either by changing it on the Homehub or by using the Plusnet router
I am not sure whether this affects the billing date but certainly until you change it your usage won't be counted by Plusnet
galaxy66
Grafter

Thanks, that explains it clearly.
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: galaxy66
Does this mean Plusnet will work with my home Hub?Huh

If you can change the login details to the settings given here you can use nearly any router.
More information you might need here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/help_and_setup/connections_settings.shtml
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

When I changed 4 years ago from BT to PN the internet was lost I then only had to change Username and password. But I can't see why both accounts can not work together as there is no physical changes done to the line only the Radius login details. So perhaps they can now.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I don't think you get kicked by BT but if your connection drops you won't be able to reconnect with them. Your billing with us started as soon as it was activated, but we won't be able to register any usage until you connect to us. Smiley 
itsme
Grafter

@jojo
I was thinking that before you posted as in them days I was getting 10+ disconnections per day.
galaxy66
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
I don't think you get kicked by BT but if your connection drops you won't be able to reconnect with them. Your billing with us started as soon as it was activated, but we won't be able to register any usage until you connect to us. Smiley 

Hi Joanne, up and running now but not happy with what BT now say is my maximum achievable speed that the line can give since moving over, which is now less than a third of what it was, I will start new thread and ask for advice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Have you started a new thread? I'd advise due to the forum rules keeping things to the one thread...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
galaxy66
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Have you started a new thread? I'd advise due to the forum rules keeping things to the one thread...

I am not quite sure what you are getting at Adam ??, the other thread is an entirely different issue, this issue has been resolved  which is why I stated I would start another thread. what would be the point of discussing different issues in the same thread it would have to have multiple titles  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm not getting at anything, I want to help you, do direct me to it if help is needed! IMO keeping it to this thread makes the history of things easier for us to track but that is just IMO.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team