cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these stats good enough to request turning off interleaving?

Dazzer
Dabbler

Are these stats good enough to request turning off interleaving?

Hi
Is there any chance of having my connection changed from interleaved to fast?
I am fairly close to the exchange and thought my connection was on fast when I was with BT before migrating to Plusnet about 6 months ago.
I have attached a picture of the router stats (currently using my old BT home Hub 2 as the one supplied by Plusnet caused a massive slowdown across both wired and wireless connections - eg bbc home page would take two minutes to load!! With a sync speed of 8,064k
Would it make a difference to change the setting prior to my exchange upgrading to 21CN WBC very soon ( the RFS date was 30/09/2013 )
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Are these stats good enough to request turning off interleaving?

Note - duplicate post removed
Dazzer
Dabbler

Sorry about the duplicate post, it hanged when I hit post the first time so I tried again not knowing the first one had gone through.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the forum software seems to have a bug, where it looks like it hangs after submitting a post with an attached image.
The best thing to do is open another browser tab and keep clicking on "Show Posts" in your forum PROFILE, until the new post appears, then go back to the tab for your 'hung' submitted post and either close it or click on something like "UNREAD POSTS".
We have been complaining about this for ages but nothing ever gets done about it !  Angry
So it wasn't your fault,  it is just the forum software having an annoying 'feature'.  Roll_eyes

To answer your question,  yes those stats look good enough to try running with interleaving OFF.
As it is the weekend you will either need to wait until Monday until a forum staff member reads this thread,
or you could raise a ticket on your account using this link - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22232&wizard_id=38
Wink
Dazzer
Dabbler

Hi Purleigh
Glad it wasn't me!
Thanks for looking at the stats, I will wait until Monday and bump the post.
Thanks
Darrell
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dazzer,
Just placed the order to remove it for you, it'll complete tomorrow. Hope it improves the speeds Smiley
Dazzer
Dabbler

Thanks Matt that's great.