cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these reasonable line stats?

SteveE
Grafter

Re: Are these reasonable line stats?

There are a few occassional faint pops (with router not connected)-so do I report a line fault (and follow the advice to make no mention of broadband)?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is definitely worth a try - but if they are very faint you probably won't get anywhere - but before you do a couple of points -
The test should be with a wired phone not cordless
Have you got an outstanding fault with BT via Plusnet - if you have reporting a voice fault will cancel it.
James
Grafter

If there's some noise on the line I'd definitely recommend raising it with your voice supplier.
SteveE
Grafter

My ticket (29265416) is currently with BT for further investigation. Had a call from support yesterday-they said not to take any notice of speed tests at the moment, as the issue is mutiple line drops more than anything. I'm waiting to hear what BT response will be.
After all, I'm now connected via the BTE-5 plate, so any internal issues are out of the equation.
James
Grafter

Steve,
That's a fault on trhe broadband side of things.
I'd more more inclined to try raising a fault on the voice side of the line first as any issues with your voice line will directly impact your broadband service.