cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there gateway issues again ?

gteck
Dabbler

Are there gateway issues again ?

I'm currently connected through pcl-ag04. Basic web browsing is working, but trying to stream anything thorugh iplayer etc gets constant buffering.
Router stats:
                                Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5253 kbps    439 kbps
Line Attenuation      47 db            14 db
Noise Margin          6 db              22 db
Speedtest results attached.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Are there gateway issues again ?

What results does a BT Speedtest give? And what speedtest results do you get if you disconnect/reconnect?
Your line was massively unstable last night:
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gteck
Dabbler

Hi Chris, I'm now at work so I can't do a BT speedtest. The disconnects/reconnects overnight is what my Bullion router has been doing whenever PlusNet has had these gateway disconnect issues over the past 2/3 weeks. I swapped over to my older Netgear DG834G router this morning, which doesn't drop the PPP connection but gives the poor throughput.
For info, my PlusNet IP profile is currently 4.3mb.
When this happened last week, it magically resolved itself on Sunday evening without anything being changed, so i'm very suspicious that this is gateway issues again.
James
Grafter

Do you know if your Billion router has an idle timeout setting set?
gteck
Dabbler

Hi James, no it hasn't. I've been using that router fine since I was migrated to 21CN (6 months ago ?), and last night I was trying to use the Internet between 9pm and 11pm, where you can see the disconnects are every 5 minutes. I then turned the router off at 11pm, rather then let it carry on disconnecting/reconnecting all night.
I then turned it on again at just after 7am this morning, and it was doing the same thing, so I swapped it for my Netgear.
What's interesting is that the disconnects are every 5 minutes, almost to the second.