cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any known problems in the area?

FIXED
Fat_Leonard
Grafter

Are there any known problems in the area?

I wonder if the geniuses here can work their magic again!

The ADSL connection's been intermittent all morning. BT speedtest has 202ms/0Mbps down/0.29Mbps up.

The router reports 30.5dB attenuation down/11dB SNR Margin, 50.5dB attenuation up/27.9dB SNR Margin.

Trace route reports <1ms to router (on WiFi) then 400ms+ to any subsequent hop.

We're using Plusnet default DNS. All was fine last night and nothing's been moved or altered since.

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Are there any known problems in the area?

Fat_Leonard
Grafter

Thanks Dave, I didn't know about that website. Alas, nothing mentioned near Truro. The router's reporting no further packet errors since my last check an hour ago, but BT speedtest has jumped the ping to 400ms, still with 0Mbps download, but now 0.8Mbps upload.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hiya @Fat_Leonard, I am really sorry for the issues with your service.

I have tested the line and this hasn't highlighted any fault but certainly see things don't look right.

I have reset your line and this does look to have improved your sync but there has been some intermittency earlier so you could still have further problems.

I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219927727 so our faults team can monitor. If you have further issues, please get back to us and we can progress this to our suppliers if needed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team