Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the spam/not spam buttons working?

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are the spam/not spam buttons working?

Well the subject line says it all. I'm on a mailing list for Arianespace but the massages keep going to my spam box, I keeps marking them as 'not spam' but the following messages are still designated as spam. How long does it take to train the filters?
Paul
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Are the spam/not spam buttons working?

Go to the Manage My Mail button then Spam and add it to the white list - this should be a direct link The bit you want is at the bottom of the page
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

OldJim - thanks for the reply,
Thats seems a long-winded way of doing things, I thought when I clicked the 'not spam' button I was adding the address to a whitelist.
Would it not make more sense to have whitelist and blacklist buttons on the web mail page - or does that make life too easy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think that there is a limit to the number of addresses you can add to the approved list (may be 30) and giving all email accounts the ability to modify the global account spam settings is neither a good idea or even possible
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is there any information on this "limit" anywhere? (A link ?)
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I'm getting regular spam from one email address and have added it to the blacklist but it still gets through to my inbox?  Undecided
Tigger
Rising Star

Mmm, yes, I had one of them too. I posted it to the Postini thread, but no-one answered.
I've snce discovered that other mails from the same address have been arriving in the Spam folder, usually marked Spam 2 (I've got the spam agressiveness set to 3)
I thought the whole idea of a blacklist was to prevent e-mails arriving at all?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is the from address spoofed to be from your own address (username.plus.com)?
Plusnet invisibly add plus.com to everyones whitelist.
Also I believe there is a problem with blacklists at the moment.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mitchell20
Grafter

I've given up using those spam buttons now as they really are a waste of time.  Month after month I was clicking them to get genuine email not to be tagged as SPAM but it kept doing it.
Also I've found I have to click the SPAM button twice sometimes to get webmail to move the message to the spam folder, even though it is forwarding the message to the SPAM address with every click it was only copying the messgae into the SPAM folder rather than moving it there.
Using the whitelist now, although it would be an idea if there was an import address option available so you can upload all your address book contacts?