cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Customer service (PN & BT), and FTTC install Diary...

andymurdoch
Grafter

Appalling Customer service (PN & BT), and FTTC install Diary...

Well, I figured i would actually make a note of what has happened and when so when this does eventually get resolved I can point PN support back to this topic so they can attempt to sort out what went wrong along the way.
Long time PN customer (had pn at 2 previous properties, for best part of 6 years I guess) - bought a new flat in Feb, so rang PN and advised of a home move on 31st of Jan (due to move in to property on the 10th of feb).
At the new place, changed form my previous BT line / PN ADSL2+ to a plusnet phone, with PN unlimited FTTC.
                                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  * 31/1/14 - placed move order, told install for pstn and fibre would be 20/2/14 (much longer than was hoping but hey, what can you do
  * 20/2/14 -Engineer turned up on time (Openreach contractor) - walked round a bit, did a car mechanics whistle and said he wouldn't drill through to the outside to install the line as wasn't happy drilling through without a manager saying so (due to tiles on the outside)... he then left having done nothing - 1st days annual leave wasted.
  * 21/2/14 - phone call mid afternoon from a BT engineer at my flat saying was there to do the install (Wasn't notified at any point anyone would be attending) - working an hour from where I live, no way to make it back, so he left saying would have to make another appointment.
  * 22/2/14 - I call plusnet to see whats going on, told that due to a failure to let BT in to property the rebooking would be a standard appointment - next available appointment... 16/3/14!
** In the mean time I drill the hole at my property to stop all the messing about, surprisingly enough even with little experience in drilling through walls managed to not damage a thing **
  * 24/2/14 - Many calls to plusnet later, you agree it was BT's fault and ask BT to expedite the install, which as I remember is then put in place for 28/2/14
  * 28/2/14 - BT engineer arrives, really helpful chap - runs the cable round the outside of property, uses the hole I have made, connects at cabinet, all is looking good.  This engineer then signs the job off.... apparently he is only there to do the PSTN install, and could have finished the remaining fibre side install in 20 mins if he was able to have the job assigned to him.. he cant - apparently its locked in BT's system.  Everything is done including the Openreach master socket on wall - just needs openreach modem connecting and patching at cab / testing speeds etc.  
2nd day annual leave wasted.
  * 4/3/13 - Told by PN support - another install date has been remade - next available date.... 19/3/14
  * 4/3/13 - Many calls to PN later, you take 3 dates off me to expedite the next BT install, gets put in place for 7/3/14.
  * 7/3/14 - SIt in all morning waiting on BT engineer - No show whatsoever, no calls, no contact.. nothing.
3rd day annual leave wasted.
  * 10/3/14 - just spent 45 mins waiting on your CS line trying to sort out what is happening now, 3 more dates taken off me to schedule another install date... waiting to hear next engineer date.
6 REPLIES 6
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Appalling Customer service (PN & BT), and FTTC install Diary...

I believe that BT Openreach have to pay you £45 for each appointment that they miss.
andymurdoch
Grafter

Quote from: BRABUS
I believe that BT Openreach have to pay you £45 for each appointment that they miss.

thanks for the reply - interesting, will discuss with PN when they get back to me..
speaking of which - was promised a call back yesterday to sort out whats going on, got a call back mid afternoon, supplied 3 more dates/times and 26 hours later im still left waiting with no update whatsoever..... PN - you need to embrace assigning calls to specific support staff...
lowmans100
Dabbler

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

lol amazing how the cost to the customer is double that of a failed engineer visit despite it may cost us far more in lost wages etc to take time off for the visit they couldn't be bothered to show for if anything it should be the other way around
andymurdoch
Grafter

Incredible plusnet - at least you are consistent... im utterly amazed at today's events..
given all that has happened before, i rang again today to see what is happening (seen as you didn't bother to call me back last night as promised), to be told you would be in contact with me within 4 hours after hearing back from your supplier..
it turns out "the expedite order was processed with BT but was lost in their system and had to be resubmitted"... the 3 dates i offered you (one of which was today, one tomorrow, one Saturday) are totally ignored, and you have scheduled a engineer to visit next Monday 17th (which was funnily enough the date I was offered 3 weeks ago after the first 'engineer' couldn't drill in).
Really... its beyond belief.
thanks to those who have replied - plusnet are not aware or able to help reclaim the 45 quid compensation from openreach (who will not speak to me direct) - apparently I have to do it through ofcom.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Slu,
I'm really sorry to hear of your experience so far with Plusnet.
I'm unable to locate your account. Would you mind sending me a PM with your username or alternatively posting a ticket ID reference and I can take a look for you?