Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone from Plusnet on here......?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone from Plusnet on here......?

Hi all.

Am having major problems with my broadband and have logged it multiple time but Plusnet keep coming back saying resolved but it isn't. I don't want to leave Plusnet but it's going that way,,,

So here we go:

4 weeks ago router kept rebooting and download speed 0.9MB. Replaced router. No problem on line apparently. Nothing changed - still the same.

Router randomly reboots approximately about 6pm each night and then constantly. Broadband speed is 0.9MB. Impossible to browse any website. Router home page says "DSL Down". Comes back up then goes again.

Again, Plusnet came back with no fault on line and broadband speed normal which it isn't as ran speed test.

Could it be possible neighbours who may be on Plusnet are using up the bandwidth ?Huh

Anyone from Plusnet here to investigate or escalate as this has been ongoing for 4-5 weeks now?

Thanks,

Sq...

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Anyone from Plusnet on here......?

It could be neighbours on same wifi channels.
D/load a free wifi analyser programme, and see which channels most in use in your locale.
Then choose the least used/ unused channel.
Additionally give the 5ghz band a separate name to 2.4 channel.
5ghz is less busy, but has less range within the house.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for response. Tried different channel. Separate to the neighbours SSID's. Still same.
Seems to happen when neighbours get in. One of the other routers SSIDs is a plusnet router. The others are BT HUBS.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Anonymous Can you post your routers statistics page that gives the DSL data - I don't quite know what it comes under on the Hub0.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

WiFi interference from neighbours wouldn't cause a router to drop the DSL connection. While reported  problems are often related to WiFi, this doesn't look like such a problem to me. It is more likely REIN or a faulty router.

jab1
Legend

@corringham I agree, which is why I've asked for the DSL data. It is a good place to start.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all - apologies for the delay - been qworking away.

My internet gone again - now for 3 days and cannot connect.

Will post the router dsl data when home later - can this be found on 192.168.1.254/expert_user.html page?

Thanks..

jab1
Legend

In answer to your question about the router statistics, I think so, yes.

John