cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone elses broadband constantly dropping?

jslane
Grafter

Anyone elses broadband constantly dropping?

My broadband keeps dropping for some reason and when I was going through faults.plus.net it said my line's been dropping 2 times a day for the past week! Shocked I can't continue through faults just yet since I need to find a spare router, just to make sure it's not a problem on my end, but hopefully plusnet can do some checks on their end without sending out an engineer.
Anyone else having problems?
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Anyone elses broadband constantly dropping?

John,
If you do not have a spare router, I suggest that for the moment, you say "no" to that question and write a clear comment that you do not have a router and that before requesting an engineering visit, you want PN to confirm that they do not believe (from the results of the test) that there is a reasonable probability that the router is to blame.  Is the router a PN supplied router?  If yes, how long have you had it?
It would help to eliminate that possibility if you can run the tests with the router connected to the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket.  This will mean that any phone extensions (if any) will not be operative.
It would also be useful to see the full router stats, if you can please post them here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jslane
Grafter

Re: Anyone elses broadband constantly dropping?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't continue when it mentioned engineer visit since I don't think it's that serious, just a bit inconvenient when it goes down if I'm watching a movie or being nosey on Facebook.
I don't have a router supplied by plusnet since I already had a router when I signed up from my previous ISP and it's the exact same model (Technicolor 582n?) plusnet were going to send. At the moment I'm using a BT Home Hub 5 for the better wireless connectivity and I imagined it would be better on plusnet with them being a BT company. The other router used to drop wifi a lot.
I'll see if I can close the fault ticket just in case they try send an engineer or it wastes time before I get a chance to hook the other router up!