cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to help with WiFi problem?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Anyone able to help with WiFi problem?

I've been running W8 on a laptop for a while and have dumped it in favour of a copy of Vista I had lying around....the lesser of two evils?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tjd
Grafter

Well I have only used windows 98 / XP / 7 myself and the difference between XP and W7 64 bit is just insane.
Built what you could call a really-cheap "gaming pc" if you want to call it that about 2-3 years ago, still running games on max settings.
Only had to tone it down a bit on Arma 2 and BF3 Tongue
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat
the lesser of two evils?

Tricky one that; I've had systems running W8 in various versions for a while and I loathe that "Metro" user interface.
Trouble is, under the skin it's VERY good indeed. Many improvements over W7.
I think I'd stick with W8 if Vista was the only alternative and find ways (there are many and not too tricky) to make it useable. But I am a techy.... Lips_are_sealed
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is W8 that bad Strat????
Why, how?Huh
I'm currently on Vista (It's not soooo bad but not that good either) but only because my W7 install failed 'big-time' and I haven't had the time or patience to call Microsoft to get it fixed.
Vista is significantly slower then W7 for me - dual boot laptop (but at least it's working at the moment).
[Sorry for OT]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.