cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to be notified when fibre is rolled out?

NeilByMouth
Grafter

Any way to be notified when fibre is rolled out?

Hi,
It appears that fibre will be available to me  "soon". From various availability checking tools it looks like my exchange has been enabled or is v close to being so as some resellers appear to be offering some products for order; I think I even saw that plus net were offering business but not domestic packages on one report. This might make sense as they probably hook up the green cabinets closer to the town center and shopns and businesses first.(i live a little ways up t' hill. Smiley
Is there any way to sign up to get notified when my line is able to be converted so that I could place my order as soon as possible?
Another small question: Will plus net be selling fibre as soon as bt roll it out or is there some latency between that and the resellers being able to offer it?
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Any way to be notified when fibre is rolled out?

BT is a reseller too. When Ofcom split BT into several business groups part of the ruling was that no part could give any other preference over competitors. That means it will be available from all resellers together.
Have you figured out which cabinet your house is served by and checked to see if a second cabinet has been set up near to it?
NeilByMouth
Grafter

Re: Any way to be notified when fibre is rolled out?

thanks fo the info I will look in the morning. I did notice an openreach van around the cabinet the other day which is what prompted me to check on the status. Do they always have to plop in another cabinet or is the new gubbins sometimes installed in the existing box if capacity allows?