cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any thoughts/Advice?

patuk

Any thoughts/Advice?

Hello all - be gentle please  Smiley
Some thoughts if anyone has them would be appreciated!
Speeds have really dropped over the past few days - I run "speedtest.net" on and off "for the hell of it" and have really noticed a drop-of in results over the last few days.  

To be honest I don't really care what speeds it's at so long as "It all works" but it's got to the point now where the kids are moaning as "stuff" isn't fast enough and the pings mean I can;t play online games, well....online Grin
(And yes the slower test was run when they're all tucked up in bed and not online!)
To add more info:
BT Tester gets 2.4K on a 3K profile thingy (consistently over the last few days - that 3 hours wait is a bit of a drag)
No other online tester gets much above 1.1K (and some far lower).
Modem/Router is synced at 3.4K (and has been for literally weeks - I never turn the thing off!)
Noise is up) 21 (down) 7
Attenuation is (up) 31 (down) 50
(Not great I know!)
The modem is plugged into the Master Test Socket and wi-fi with a Green signal to this PC.

Edit: Exchange is marked as "Green"
Any clues?
Thanks in advance.
Pat

(Ooops Forgot to add: I read the guide and followed the tests etc!)
4 REPLIES 4
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Any thoughts/Advice?

Can you try it with a network cable connection to the router? I take it you have good security? Do you know what the wifi security is set to? You should also be running up to date antivirus software etc. It would be good to rule out the wifi as being the problem, or some oik 'borrowing' your bandwidth.
Azagoth
Grafter

Take a look around the forums.  There's a loads of people having the exact same problem, Plusnet know about it but are refusing to do anything about it.  All they do is offer excuse on top of excuse on top of excuse.
suec45
Grafter

See the top post on the forum by Barry.
James
Grafter

Azagoth,
To be fair, and whilst yes, you have had problems for which I'm sincerely sorry for, we are trying to fix them.
We're adding additional capacity next week (the soonest the possibly can) to help counter the problem that some of our customers have been seeing.