Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any problems? sites failing to load first time

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Any problems? sites failing to load first time

Currently on pcl-ag05 and I am having a lot of sites fail to load first time, a forced refresh usually fixes it but its happening regularly today.
Iplayer/here/TVcatchup/youtube/twitter
Using Opera 12.16
Network problem
Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
6 REPLIES 6
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Any problems? sites failing to load first time

cp3547.edgefcs.net (23.62.1.159) and then cp10740.edgefcs.net (23.62.1.156) each failed to start a stream the first time, then worked fine on retrying, but then that just happens sometimes occasionally. Not sure if I can put much significance on it happening twice in a row.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

It could have been my router dying, it was getting progressively worse as it went on, eg having to refresh each and every page, trying to post on another forum took 8 attempts/couldn't run speed tests.
They sent me a tester router a while back which I forgot to mail back and using it just now to post this and all seems fine again.  The old TG582n wasn't too hot but will see if this tester gives better results tonight and if so the old one might have a blown cap on it.  Can't open it to find out as the PN sticker on the bottom looks like it could be a warrant void if removed feature and seeing as its free I better not open it as its in warranty.
AndyH
Grafter

@ gus
Are you wired or wireless?
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Andy, both but the problem was showing on my pc which is wired, my wifi laptop wasn't powered up.  Not had a repeat of the problem since I changed routers, when at its worst ever single site/page/forum I opened all failed to open at least once.
deathtrap
Grafter

I get some sites randomly doing this, but only if using IE7  FF 22.0 doesn't have this problem, so i would say it's probably down to IE7 and the web page i'm trying to load ,
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Gus
I'd agree that sounds like it was just that router, obviously let us know if you see further problems relating to the same thing.
@deathtrap
That may well just be that it's an older version of IE.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team