cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plus.net users in Derby?

Pickarooney

Any plus.net users in Derby?

Hello to everyone on this great forum.

we are  a family in Derby City centre and we are currently with talk talk.

We are thinking of changing over to plus.net.

we would like to hear from any current or past users of plus.net in Derby , about their current or past experience with plus.net

looking forward to your feedback

sincerely the porter family

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Any plus.net users in Derby?

Hello @Pickarooney and welcome to the Plusnet Community forums.

Sorry I live quite a way from Derby over in Lancashire but that won't stop me posting. Grin

You'll find the users and staff here are a friendly bunch. I've no reason to expect you'll have any problems though if you do help is at hand from Customer Services in Sheffield and Leeds, via Live Chat, and through these forums. Thumbs_Up

If you do choose to migrate to Plusnet (and I hope you will) bear in mind email addresses are of the form <mailboxname>@<username>.plus.com so make sure you choose a username which you are happy to have in all email addresses. Perhaps not too personal, however that will be your choice.

Do you have any thoughts on the type of service you are seeking? You can check what services are available at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ though might need to enter your postcode since I assume your current phone service is not through BT.

David
ryanmccabe83

hi @Pickarooney

I live in derby and am with plusnet and I couldn't recommend staying away from them enough. I live right on top of the exchange and should be getting 17mb down constant. Instead what I get is some where between 0.3~17 depending on which way the wind blows. Up is a joke at a poor 1 (1.5 on a really good day) and after several calls with the friendly staff, I have been told that the drops are 'someone else fault, someone near me using a piece of equipment.

The reason I found your post is because I am still trying to sort out the drop issue with Google because I have given up on the so called 'tech team'. I have been told to try all of the channels on the router to see which work best. when i asked what the auto setting does, I got the response, well it's like asking a robot to go to the shops'. That was the answer I got, seriously.

I can't wait for my contract to be up and i will never ever use these again and I would suggest that you save your self the heart ache and do the same now before it's too late.

hope that helps and good luck

Pickarooney

David 

thanks very much for your message and I will follow your helpful advice.

yes so far I have found the sales staff to be very nice people.

we are happy with the service from talk talk but we have discovered irregularities on our banking transactions which we think was linked to the tall talk  data breach.

so we are looking for a more secure but reliable service.

we do like to do a good bit of research and I'm hoping to personally visit some Plus Net users in Derby and see what their speeds are like,if there is any reliability issues and of course if their data has been safe.

if we do decide to switch to Plus.Net we will publish our download ,upload speeds,tbbx1 speeds and bursting speeds, and we will happily let people come into our home and let them see for themselves what Plus.net is like

Im sure loads of people thinking of switching would be very interested in this approach.

lets hope Plus.net does us proud.

cheers and thanks 

from the porter family

Pickarooney

Thank you very much for your message and I'm very sorry to hear that plus.net is not doing you proud.

yes I know where your exchange is and you should be getting full speed.

When I asked the sales staff were there my other plus.net users in the area I was told there was none , so I can't see how this is affecting your broadband.,as there are few if none which would cause traffic management issues !

at the moment with talk talk and we are 1.13 km from your exchange, we are getting an average

speeds 

download 5-6 mbps

tbbx1 6.0 mbps

bursting to 6.0 mbps

latency 80s ms.

however we have serious issues with data security and banking transactions.

The sales people from plus net are due to give me a call back this week and I will point our the issues that you have raised .

I would be very grateful if I could come visit you to see for myself your issues with plus.net as I always like to see what the service is like for other users before we change to different providers.

looking forward to your reply

sincerely the porter family