Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any knock on effects after that storm?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Any knock on effects after that storm?

Since that storm hit down south, up here in Inverness I have been having almost constant loss on my TBB graph.  So before I raise a fault, is there a known knock on effect as the gateways are down south?
Tried a gateway hop and have been for a while using the test socket
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Any knock on effects after that storm?

Highly unlikely.
They are located in very secure locations in London and I would imagine all the connections to/from there are underground.
Any comparable TBB graphs on here http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/ ?
Gus
Aspiring Pro

There are a couple with similar graphs, hence asking if a wider problem.  It was worst between 7pm and 11pm last night with average of 2% and spiking to 5, currently spiking between 1-2% every 10-20 minutes.
Azagoth
Grafter

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but my problems started on the day of that storm.  Since then I've been experiencing constant random DSL disconnects due to my usually stable  SNR fluctuating like mad and dropping into negative values.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm also in Inverness, and have had no problems I can relate to the stormy weather in England-shire. My connection dropped around 17:21 this evening, having previously been up for about 9½ weeks. It reconnected within a couple of minutes, at a slightly slower speed in both directions, which is probably down to the time of day/hours of darkness thing.
Pings are as expected -
[tt]Ping statistics for 212.159.13.49:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 100ms, Average = 29ms[/tt]
One spike up to 100ms, the next one was 42ms, but the average speaks for itself.
My IP profile has dropped from 13Mb to 12.7Mb, and I expect the current line speed to follow suit. I'm going to leave it over the weekend and try a daytime re-synch to see if it improves the connection rate.
Apprentice
Grafter

No problems over here on the West Coast other than a couple of connection drops around 4.00 am this morning, I surmised this was due to thunder the sound of which which was loud enough to wake me from my slumber! Shocked 
Gus
Aspiring Pro

#76933548 getting told some loss is acceptable, said enough in reply to that ticket that was clean and trying to not trigger the censor here, but someone have a look.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

There's not really much I need to add to your ticket reply, packet loss isn't acceptable and I'll feed that back to the person in question.
Our faults team will pick this up in due course.