Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any heads up on ADSL2+ trials?

kreynolds
Grafter

Any heads up on ADSL2+ trials?

As mentioned by Dave here and James here
These were supposed to be happening Q4 07/ Q1 08, and will LLU customers be included?
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: Any heads up on ADSL2+ trials?

No movement yet Karl.
We're non engaging in the Alpha trials.  Basically, after the initial problems that were seen on IPStream Max, we didn't want to engage too early in something that could cause problems for our customers.
However, we will be liaising with BT Retail to see how their customers have been getting on.
From what I can tell Entanet have asked their trialists to sign an NDA that prevents them from posting any feedback on their forums.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

These are BT trials so LLU is not included.
Tiscali already offer ADSL2+ on some exchanges but PlusNet are not going to get that from their LLU connections as they did not reach the min number of connections on any exchange they switch people to LLU on.
Any trial involvement will depend on 21CN connection availability which is going to be very limited in the initial stages so the chances of anyone on PN being included in the initial trials is very slim to none.
EntaNet are currently involved in the Alpha trial but nothing is known as to how successful that is yet. 2009 is a more realistic timeframe for any larger scale trial in my opinion and given the track record that Max went through I doubt PN will want to get involved as early this time as they did with Max.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

2009 is very disappointing news Sad That's really made me reconsider which ISP I move to when I move home in a week or 2!
James
Grafter

Peter doesn't work for us Smiley
2009 is a possibility, as is 2008.
I'm sure you would rater have a working ADSL2+ connection rather than a broken one.  Stay tuned for further news!
kreynolds
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Tiscali already offer ADSL2+ on some exchanges but PlusNet are not going to get that from their LLU connections as they did not reach the min number of connections on any exchange they switch people to LLU on.
Any trial involvement will depend on 21CN connection availability which is going to be very limited in the initial stages so the chances of anyone on PN being included in the initial trials is very slim to none.

So the likelihood for me is less than zero then  Sad Sad Sad Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Have ADSL2+ on my LLU connection and 21CN has now been put back from Q4 2009 to Q3 2010 on my exchange
James
Grafter

Karl,
When we start doing any trials on ADSL2+ I'll be happy to move you back onto IPStream.  Or even before then if you want!
I'm sorry that we haven't made any progress with Tiscali.  as a result of being owned by BT, this probably isn't really of that much of a surprise to anyone.
kreynolds
Grafter

Let me know when the trials start for ADSL2+ and I'll move across then - probably
godsell4
Rising Star

The point of 21CN is to remove the ATM part of the BT network, it is the ATM part that BT have decided with flawed logic the need for this BRAS system. And then there is MaxDSL, well shoot the guy who developed it!
21CN and ADSL2+ should be the end to BRAS completely if implemented properly. I know PN have stated there will be a 'better BRAS' which I hope all that is meant is the Intelligent Rate Adaption features of ADSL2+ will be fully enabled and put an end to a 2 to 5 day wait for the throttles at PN and BT to agree what speed your line is.
Anyway lets hope BT have their A-team on this, MaxDSL was certainly something cooked by the B-team ...
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

Yeah, crazy fools! Wink