Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of a reset please?

FIXED
Slay
Grafter

Any chance of a reset please?

I've just this afternoon received a new ADSL/VDSL faceplate. The jump in my "Max Rate" is shocking. Its gone up from the 5000 to 7000 Kbps range to an astonishing 9900-10,200. I live in an isolated rural area that's about 2.5k from the nearest exchange. Is there any chance someone could give my line a nudge and reset it please? At the moment the current rate is still 4544, I'm guessing it will creep up of its own accord eventually. Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Any chance of a reset please?

Fix

Hi @Slay ,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

As requested, I've reset the SNR on the account. This should take effect almost immediately but we would suggest rebooting your router in 4 hours time if you don't notice a difference.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch, should you need any further help.

Slay
Grafter

Holy moley, I never though I'd see the day. My internet has connected at 12596 and is giving me 9+meg downloads which is a world record for my premises. That's a 3 fold increase to my regular speed. Many thanks for your assistance BD.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Slay,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that your speed has improved following the SNR reset.

Please let us know if you experience any further problems with your connection or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team