cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Possible Fixes?

MickHowes1
Grafter

Any Possible Fixes?

When my mum watches tv on her ipad i get ping spikes from 50 ms to 500-2000 ms ping and i cant play games, any fixeS?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Possible Fixes?

Buy your mummy a real television ?  Cheesy

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

More seriously
Which product are you on
Do you have the Pro addon
What are your router stats - noise margin, speed and attenuation
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'Oldjim' - Don't even go there !
If you read back through 'MickHowes1' profile, there is thread after new thread complaining about connection problems since he joined Plusnet last year,  but he never does anything about it,  just whining about interleaving and "max premium", repeatedly being added and then removed (or not !).
Until he completes the Plusnet faults checker tests, and gets an engineer to fix his line, then nothing suggested here is going to help.
There is also an issue with his exchange being overloaded, so suffers ongoing contention during peak times, so it is not any surprise that his ping times go through the roof when the connection is being heavily used.
Correct advice has been provided by the experts on this forum for something like ten months, but anything that involves actually doing something just gets ignored in the hope that someone else can provide a quick fix requiring no effort.
Every time someone here posts a reply that he doesn't want to accept or do, he stops replying, waits a little while then starts yet another new thread and demands this and that, until again someone says "please complete the tests in the fault checker", and then it is back to the beginning again.  All this achieves is break the continuity of all the previous advice given and wastes everyones time.
Angry
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can just see it now ...

"Oh Mickey . . . stop playing your computer game, your tea is on the table !"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask your mum if your friends can stay for an all night gaming session - while your mum sleeps and is not using the iPad ?