Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--Any Plusnet Staff Online Today--

alex7127
Grafter

--Any Plusnet Staff Online Today--

Hi all
Hmmmmm, have been waiting in for a booked OR engineer today.....was booked for the AM slot 8am-1pm.  (Refer to my MAAF fault ticket  ID 54618188)
It is now 1.20pm......engineer no show and no call with explanation etc?
Is there any way to check to see if he is coming today..........if he is not coming then I do not want to waste the rest of my day waiting in!
Help! Angry
Alex
11 REPLIES 11
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: --Any Plusnet Staff Online Today--

Hi alex7127,
I am sorry to hear that the scheduled engineer has not turned up for the appointment today. You would be best speaking to a member of our Support Team to get that re-booked for you. As it stands at the moment, we would be unable to access your account due to a few problems with our internal systems. We are aiming to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Once the website is back, up and running, please do get in touch so we can get things sorted again for you. Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you so far.
alex7127
Grafter

Chris
How do I contact the support  team?
So is there no telephone number I or you can call at BT to see what is going on?
I am a bit miffed that I have wasted a day for nothing. Thank you BT Angry
Thanks
Alex
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: alex7127
Chris
How do I contact the support  team?
So is there no telephone number I or you can call at BT to see what is going on?
You cant contact open reach yourself but the Plusnet support numbers are...0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can understand your frustration completely Alex. The support numbers are as posted by Steve M, hopefully we can get an engineer sorted out for you again.
grudkin
Grafter

Isn't it about time the ISP's began to hold Openreach to account about the flagrant missing of appointments by the Openreach engineers!
Mark
Grafter

Hi grudkin
We are and we continue to do so, at a senior level, and those discussions are ongoing.
Mark
alex7127
Grafter

At approximately 3.30pm I get a phone call from OR? on the number 0800-378-9393....to say sorry  (in a casual don't give a damn manner ) the the engineer is not coming today.
This is an utter disgrace, please can you pass on my complete and utter contempt of BT! I waited in and wasted the whole day! Out of PN hands I fully understand but I am so angry with OR.....who the hell do they think they are???
I think the chap that called maybe felt that I was rather unhappy! So he has tasked the engineer with coming out tomorrow (Sunday). So apparently I can expect him circa. 8am(ish). I am not holding my breath! I will update you. 😞
Alex
(ooooo I am so angry!) Angry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your time on the phone. Let me know if you manage to sync at a higher rate.
Jojo Smiley
alex7127
Grafter

Jojo
Thanks for the call Smiley
Did what you (and Spencer) suggested.
Have taken the RF3 plate off the master socket
Now have a microfilter in the test socket with my router and home phone going into it.
Router stats now indicate it is synced at  1.472Mbps, SNRM at 5.8 and a download speed of........wait for it.......wait for it.......261Kbps!
Now the router is seeing 1.472Mbps, will my DL speed go up shortly?
KR's
Alex

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Alex,
The BT IP profile is still at 350k. If you don't disconnect this should lift within 4 hours. This has been know to take longer though.
Jojo Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
Thread locked in favour of this one in order to keep things in one place for a resolution.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine