cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Known Issue With Interference Between Callers Using Plusnet Broadband?

bazzer
Pro

Any Known Issue With Interference Between Callers Using Plusnet Broadband?

I'm grabbing at straws here but I have had an ongoing problem with interference noise when making calls to people using my cordless phones.
I have changed the phones for new ones but still the problem continues. BT have been out and say that there is no fault on the line.
The worst of the calls which comprise of poor line quality and interference in the background is when I call my brother who lives about 120 miles away. He also has cordless phones but says that he has no problem when speaking with anyone else. He says he can hear me clearly but I struggle to hear him.
The only thing we have in common (phone wise!!) is that we both use Plusnet for our broadband and telephone via BT.
I have tried several things  such as plugging the base station directly into the main BT point and removing all other connected devices such as router and fax but this does not solve the problem. I have changed all the filters and replaced the cable between the router and phone point but to no avail.
I'm sure there are many people that have the same broadband supplier but do not experience this issue or is there a known problem which I am unaware of?
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Any Known Issue With Interference Between Callers Using Plusnet Broadband?

Welcome to the forum
the first thing to do is get an ordinary phone and plug it into the master socket, no router or filter, how does that sound
then plug it into the test socket, its shown on page five in my new phone book, if the normal phone has the same problem, report it to BT and dont mention broadband
If the normal phone is OK it is probably your cordless, do the same with that
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: bazzer
I'm grabbing at straws here but I have had an ongoing problem with interference noise when making calls to people using my cordless phones.
I have changed the phones for new ones but still the problem continues. BT have been out and say that there is no fault on the line.

You don't make it clear whether the problem is confined to your cordless phones and does not arise when you make a call with your wired phone or whether you just use cordless phones and cannot distinguish between noise on the phone line and noise that is associated with the use of a cordless device.
bazzer
Pro

I will be carrying out the corded phone test over the weekend.
I have used cordless phones for some years but only experienced the issue within the last couple of months with no change to my other equipment set-up. I bought new cordless phones but experienced the same.
I will try the corded phone test and update.