cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another speed moan

cmsaunders
Dabbler

Re: Another speed moan

I should add that the above speed was before I put the other filter in, I've just installed it & will power down the router now. Noise seems to have settled on 6db for now. I'm on a Mac so that link won't work, will have a search around for something simliar.  Cheers.
cmsaunders
Dabbler

Ok, filter is in.  As expected the speed has dropped to 600kb/s as per usual, connection has dropped a couple of times, and noise margin is now hovering between 0-1db (I know you said any improvement would take a while though).  What's puzzling now is that I found on the router stats site an option to track in the browser and these are the results compared to what my router is telling me. Which should I trust? 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Routerstats calculates noise margin differently to the router although there isn't usually a big difference
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've just spotted something. You are not running an up to date version of the firmware for your Netgear router - that could be why we are seeing some funny figures reported. Can you get the latest firmware to see if that makes a difference please.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)