cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another speed fault question.

SpeedEvil
Dabbler

Another speed fault question.

Due to various reasons, including apathy, and 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' - I have two lines - cottaracre and mauve.
Both these lines are suffering from connection problems (and have been for over a year) - they will typically drop, or resync to 160K sometime for around an hour between 23:00 and 01:00.
On the 10th I raised a fault, and yesterday, the engineer came, and as expected found no fault, as the lines typically sync around 2000-2500 during the periods this problem is not happening.
I'm unsure what's possible from here.
I'm pretty sure that it's not internal - I have swapped routers, laptops, microfilters, and even tried running the router off a UPS, in the dark, with the mains turned off, with no change.
I had been coping with this by simply switching off the 'mauve' connection during this period, which enabled it to stay profiled to a high speed.
Is there anything meaningful that can be done?
If it's not possible to get an engineer out at around midnight - which seems startlingly unlikely - the fault will never occur when they are here.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Another speed fault question.

Hi SpeedEvil,
I couldn't shed any more light on that I'm afraid. I think with it being with the priority escalated team we're likely to get the best results from them.
Jojo Smiley