Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another slow speed

zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Another slow speed

Another slow speed, (Cornwall).
My line connects at about 8mbps and speedtest sites normally give me about 6-7mbps.
At the moment I get about 0.2mpps
If I connect via a vpn and pretend to be in new york the speedtest site gives me about 2.5mps download speed. This suggests to me that the problem is with plus.net not me. I hope they sort it out soon. I have rebooted my router but seem stuck so far. Perhaps I will try playing with dns servers later. Grrr.
2 REPLIES 2
zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Another slow speed

Hmm well rebooting got me from
gateway ip 195.166.128.194
to
gateway ip 195.166.128.190
with an increase in speed to 1mbps! And a drop in ping time from 200ms to 32ms so thats an improvement. Still not what I would expect but at least it should be usable.
Nope spoke to soon, speed is back to 0.2mbps thought the ping remains low. Who knows. Give up for the night I think.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Another slow speed

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about that, personally I wouldn't want to assume at this stage that the change from gateway to gateway may be the direct cause for that, its something we should remain aware of though,
If this continues to be an issue for you I'd advise raising a fault here: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team