Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another slow connection query

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Another slow connection query

For the last 2 months my download speed has gone from a nice 7 Mb/s to just over 4 Mb/s and the upload from 0.75 Mb/s to 0.4 Mb/s. So 20 days ago I switched off my router and installed a new filter and plugged the cable into the test socket. I switched the router back on and waited the obligatory 10 days and now it's been 20 days but I haven't seen the speed go back to what they were before i.e. down 7 and up 0.75.

Could someone from plusnet staff have a look and see if they can improve my speed please? The last speed test I did shows my download as 6 Mb/s and upload as 0.49 Mb/s

I'm not looking for a miracle as I know I only have dsl but it would be nice to have a decent connection Smiley

Thanks

p.s. I've tried phoning CS but I waited for 45 minutes then I gave up!

3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Another slow connection query

We made a couple of changes to your line early this morning (around the time you posted) including changing your speed profile.

Have you ever thought about upgrading to fibre?

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Matty,

Yeah, I have thought about it but unfortunately at the moment I'm not in a position to add extra costs to my monthly outlay, as I'm currently without a job Sad 

The speed has gone up to about 6.30 Mb/s and the upload has almost doubled to 0.70 Mb/s. I guess I won't get anything faster, unless I upgrade, as you suggest, but not just yet!

Thanks

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

The state of your line does make it harder to improve things further than that unfortunately. Similar to my line syncing at 6mb Roll_eyes

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet