cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another line training query....

robbo65

Another line training query....

I've transferred from Orange to plusnet value as from Sunday, although the DSL wasn't working until Monday morning due to an admin error.
I expected slower speeds for a while but thought they would gradually ramp up. We used to get just shy of the 1Mb limit with orange but so far have not managed to exceed 240k download and 379k upload.
The BT speed test cited around 4Mb possible but I realise this would only be an ideal.
I've checked filters and the wifi is working as it should, and is no different to the previous 1Mb. We are online from about 8am to 11pm and the router is left on 24hours and I've reset it a couple of times.
Am I right to be concerned at such a low speed to start with or will BT find some oil before the 10 days are up ?
Thanks for any advice
Rob
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Another line training query....

Hi Rob,
It will improve once the profile is amended.
However, the line itself doesn't look fantastic, so I'd suggest making sure that you're pluuging directly into the master socket via a filter first, which might give you a little extra speed.
robbo65

Re: Another line training query....

Thanks James.
I'll have a fiddle around. Our incoming cable comes into the loft and through an old terminal box before dropping to the master socket. I'm amazed we can get phone calls tbh !!
The orange was stable at 1Mb so if we achieve 2Mb I'll be a happy bunny. Once the 10 days are up, I'll see what we get and try for further improvements then.
Rob