Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another case of poor broadband speed

edthebowler
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Another case of poor broadband speed

I've suspected a speed problem for some time, but thought it might be due to a fault in my previous Netgear router which cut off every few days. However I have now had a new Technicolor 582n for a few weeks and speed has not improved. I have obtained the required performance information as far as possible, which I list below.
Router stats - SN margin 23.6 / 25.1dB, speed 444 / 283kbps, attenuation 16.7 / 28.0dB.
BTwholesale speedtest - no results obtained after leaving test running for at least 30min.
Current Line Speed - 0.25Mb (as against estimated speed of 7Mb)
I was unable to run the video explaining the test socket (too low speed?) but in any case I do not have a test socket. My two phone extensions are connected directly to an old GPO terminal box!! What I have done is test both sockets using different line-splitters with no difference to the results.
Where do I go from here?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Another case of poor broadband speed

raise a fault at https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
In the meantime
I assume by a splitter you mean the filter and have you checked the stats with only the router connected
Are you absolutely sure that nothing else is connected to the phone line such as a Sky Box, monitored alarm etc.
edthebowler
Dabbler

Thanks. Sorry, yes I meant filter. I have nothing else connected other than phones. I will try disconnecting them and test again prior to raising a fault as you suggest..
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see you've started raising a fault but there's still a few questions from the wizard to go through - as soon as those are done it'll be passed through to our faults team and picked up for investigation, we'll let you know as soon as we have any more information. Hope it gets things sorted for you.
edthebowler
Dabbler

Hi,
My fault has now been 'painlessly' sorted out. Good work Plusnet!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team