cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Rain causing Broadband to drop out?

Gronygroovy

Another Rain causing Broadband to drop out?

It does seem that when its raining I get slower than normal and even intermittent speed/connections.  However, I do get drop outs when it isnt raining.  Spoke to a tremendously UNHELPFUL chap on livechat via my phone/mobile internet who told me I was lying and that I was on the internet so could thus complete the troubleshooter. Wow!
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Another Rain causing Broadband to drop out?

Hi there, sorry that you're unhappy with the chat you had.
I've had a look over the chat logs and I'm going to be honest, I can't find where you were called a liar? The agent advised you that as you were online (on your phone chatting to us) you should be able to complete the troubleshooter, he wasn't accusing you of lying about your broadband connection working.
I can see the troubleshooter has been completed, so our faults team will pick that up and you should receive an update within the next 72 hours.
Is there any noise on the phone line at all? Hissing, cracking etc.
The line has been disconnecting a lot since around 10pm last night. Is that when the wet weather started for you?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gronygroovy

The line seems clear and fine to me.
About being called a liar, I told him that I could NOT complete the form as my phone, (with a mobile internet connection),  would not do what it needed to do that.  He said that as far as HE was concerned, I was using the internet to communicate with him and should be able to complete the troubleshooting guide, even though I had explained that I could not do so.   Now, to me he is implying that I am indeed able to use the internet to complete the form, and implying that I am lying about my predicament.  Thanks for the answer btw.
Broadband dropping out all the time today, just lucky to get on and post this!  
EDIT: It had been raining since about 6pm all evening, missed that part.  Have been having issues, not quite as severe as this but issues for at least a few weeks now.
Gronygroovy

On another note, I would like to add that the chap I spoke to on the phone,(Naison Mundenda),  was very helpful and helped get things on their way as far as getting the fault looked at, so props to him for a good job.