Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 21CN request

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Another 21CN request

Can someone tell me if my local exchange has been upgraded yet to 21CN and have I been upgraded yet?
Thanks for any help.
Regards
19 REPLIES 19
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Another 21CN request

mexicano
Rising Star

Shalom Shalom. Looks like my area ain't on it yet. Sad
Thanks for the help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi mexicano,
I've checked your connection and you're already on 21CN.
mexicano
Rising Star

Thanks Chris. I thought that with 21CN I might get faster speeds than my 6 MB I get now but since I am already on it then I guess I won't be expecting anything faster unless I switch to cable  Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've tewaked your line settings so you're now running over 7Mb/s which should help a bit.
mexicano
Rising Star

Much appreciated Chris. I have just done a check and it still shows around 6.19 MB but I guess your tweak will take 24 hours, as per usual? Every little bit helps and also makes me a little bit happier too Grin
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You should see the difference now, are you using a wired or wireless connection?
Run a speed test at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and run further diagnostic to obtain your IP profile.
mexicano
Rising Star

Just did the test. I have attached a screenshot of what I got. It's still 6.18 MB
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is that over a wired connection?
mexicano
Rising Star

Sorry forgot that bit of the question: Yes it is, I don't have any wireless connections in the house either. I also disconnected the wire from the sky box and blu ray box when I did the test and also disabled the AVG antivirus on my pc.
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi Chris. Just sent you a message over Twitter but I thought I would expand on my request via this forum. My speed has gone down again since you adjusted whatever on your system last August. I was getting around 7.5MB but it has gone down to 6.1MB.
Can you do anything to help improve my download speeds?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, looks like your target SNR took a jump from 6dB up to 9dB, which will be why the profile change. Have you been rebooting the modem at all, and if so are you disconnecting via the router's page beforehand? It's always worth doing so as that way the exchange (and the DLM system) won't see it as a faulty disconnect. It's possible that that's the reason for the SNR target change.
Please do let us know either way and we'll advise on the reset.
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi Matt, Does changing the DNS to OpenDNS and Google DNS count as rebooting?. I changed them a couple of times to see which is faster. I did it through the network and sharing centre. Apart from that I haven't touched the router!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That sounds like it was done on your PCs network connection properties rather than by logging on to the router (at http://192.168.1.254) so won't have affected anything. If that's the case, and it hasn't been eg powered off at the socket then I'd say you have a dropping connection fault and should run through the checks at http://faults.plus.net - I can see you started that yesterday so if you finish answering the questions it'll drop a ticket through to our faults team. They'll be in touch after testing the line to advise on the best way to proceed.