Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying noise coming from router

chimicherry
Dabbler

Annoying noise coming from router

Hello,
My Plusnet connection was set up yesterday and so far I'm very happy with it. I set up my router (Technicolor TG582n) yesterday afternoon and spent the rest of the day online, no problems. However, when I turned the computer off I noticed that the router seems to make a very annoying high pitched noise. I think the power supply buzzes a little, too. This wouldn't be an issue, but the only place in the house that has room for my computer is my bedroom, so the router also has to go in my bedroom. Which means the noise the router is making at night isn't particularly welcome.
Is the router supposed to do this? If not, will I be able to get a replacement? If I have to buy my own replacement, what sort of router would give me the same performance as the one supplied?
Thanks.  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Annoying noise coming from router

It's a known problem and you should be able to get a replacement.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

chimicherry
Dabbler

Ah, thanks. Time to contact customer services, I suppose. I think they'll be getting annoyed with me, third time I've contacted them in three days. Tongue
(Although this is the only time there's been an actual fault and they've been polite and helpful so far. :))
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've flagged this with our products team who'll arrange getting a router to you, I'll update your ticket too.
chimicherry
Dabbler

Awesome, thank you. Smiley
Any idea how long it usually takes for a new router to get sent out, out of curiosity?
adie:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

This had been picked up yesterday by them so you should receive it anyday.
chimicherry
Dabbler

Brilliant, thanks.  Grin