cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annex M for Home Users

wykehamhouse
Grafter

Annex M for Home Users

Will Annex M ever be available for home users?
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Annex M for Home Users

Given the response here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113053.0.html/ it's doubtful
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This looks like a commercial packaging consideration, which no PN response has explained.  An ADSL line is an ADSL line irrespective of its commercial offering (unless it is something related to contention?) so Annex M should be technically available on residential lines.
It just looks like PN do not want to take additional revenue from residential users who desire this enhancement.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

apjashley1
Grafter

It is a shame, I'd pay a premium for Annex M. Always had it with Be* and got the full 2.5M upload speed.
picbits
Rising Star

Didn't BE run their own systems for this though so it didn't cost them any more to provide it ?
I was under the assumption that Plusnet would have to order it as an additional product from BT Wholesale who in charge would charge them a certain amount which they would have to pass on to the customer.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The BT wholesale cost for Annex M is 7 (probably plus VAT) per month.
Whether it would have to be ordered in bulk and this is why it's not viable I don't know..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
x47c
Grafter

Maybe it is a "systems" issue?
If someone needs to re-write the software/CSC scripts whatever to cater for managing Annex M pricing/issues etc on residential lines then that is cost/time etc....for perhaps just a few people who have expressed an interest in it: conclusion not worth it.
given that it is only really suitable for high sync lines if you are not to loose a lot of download speed one can see why the "residential catchment/footprint" might be rather small.
Businesses - would indeed not care so much about loosing some download speed.
Making it an option for residential customers just makes the sale/decision process more lengthly, if you have to explain to each caller/online exactly the difference and why it might or might not be suitable for their particular line - and then manage the complaints when they choose the wrong option and moan about their low download speed compared to their next door neighbour on BT
Whatever they seem to have made a strategic decision not to offer it
James
Grafter

We just don't have the interest in the product to justify the amount of time needed to develop the code, etc to offer it.
Also x47c makes a very valid point about over-complicating the sign up journey.