cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annex M - any update on availability for residential custs?

Bobsta
Grafter

Annex M - any update on availability for residential custs?

Hi folks,
I have a specific issue with my line. After my exchange was recently 21CN'd I'm now on ADSL2+ with uncapped upload. At most times of the day I can sync at 11Mbps down, 950kbps up. My up attenuation is low (14dB), down isn't bad either (37dB), and all is good.
However, at certain times of the day my upstream sync can drop as low as 300kbps, with SNR dropping down to sub 2dBs.
Using DMT I can see that there's clearly some interference/crosstalk being induced on my line at the low-end frequencies (circa 100-170kHz) killing those upstream bins/channels. Maybe a local business fires up some machinery, arc welding equipment or something. Or maybe I have some ISDN lines or something funky bundled along with my line leading to crosstalk.. I really don't know, and I doubt I'd ever have a case to get it investigated properly.
That said, I frankly don't care whether I get 9Mbps or 11Mbps downstream, and would happily sacrifice some of my downstream channels for improved upstream performance. Which leads me to..... Annex M.
Annex M would appear to offer just the solution I need. I searched the forums and there was mention back in Sept 11 that PlusNet are considering introducing it as an option for residential subscribers. Is there any update on that? Or would you like a beta tester? 'Cos right now I have a great use case for it.  Wink
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Annex M - any update on availability for residential custs?

Hi there,
It's still planned but we're not able to say when it might be available I'm afraid. Rest assured that we'll be announcing it as soon as we can.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I could be interested in Annex M as well.  Local exchange is now 21CN and I am on ADSL2+ but with 448K upstream only.  Would be nice to get nice to get a bit more.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Submit a ticket requesting that your upstream sync speed be uncapped. You might be warned that this change could cause download speeds to reduce, but any effect should be minimal. On 21CN there is no charge for this.
Uncapped upstream should give you at least double what you have now and up to 1Mbps.
David
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: spraxyt
Submit a ticket requesting that your upstream sync speed be uncapped.

Ticket submitted - will see what happens.  Have got more than enough downstream so can afford to lose some.
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Line now ADSL2+ uncapped.  Upstream sync at 886K and speedtest.net reports 700K upload speed. No loss of downstream speed.  Well pleased Smiley