cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I slipping?

BRABUS
Grafter

Am I slipping?

Well as the title says, am I slipping?  According to the BT fibre checker page my cabinet is meant to be ready by 31st of March 2014.  There has been no work on the cabinet, in fact there seems to have been no work on any cabinets in Belper for months.  My mates on other cabinets are showing as the same date as me as well.
How long does it take BT to upgrade a cabinet to fibre? I really can't see them doing mine by the end of this month.  Have BT at stopped upgrading cabinets or something?
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Am I slipping?

Traditionally dates like 31st March have been place holders and not firm dates for upgrades. Sad
Usually the best place to look has been  http://www.dslchecker.bt.com but if it shows a date like above it's not firm Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Provisioning of Cabinets is entirely at BT Openreach's discretion. Dates can often be pushed back if MBORC's pop around the country as engineers are required for Faults/Provision in the harder hit areas of the country.
It's shame that more specific dates aren't given and more regular updates on why such dates may have been pushed back. We follow the DSL Availability that Strat has referred you to for updates. Bt haven't stopped commissioning or working on cabinets - the dates provided are always only best effort and are never a guarantee that this will be the live date, as frustrating it it is.
BRABUS
Grafter

Cheers Chris.  I know its down to BT and to prove how mad they are, my folks live in Matlock who were not scheduled to get fibre until 2015.  It has suddenly arrived for them with no warning.
I will have to try and get hold of the nice PN teams on Monday and see what deals are on offer to existing customers to move to 80/20 unlimited fibre.  Then I can just sit in envy LOL
BRABUS
Grafter

Well I thought I was slipping until I looked at the DSL checker tonight.  Now I think I have fallen down and been hit by a truck  Sad
My cabinet has now been put back yet again, this time by 9 months, I am gutted.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@ BRABUS - Perhaps you should move back in with your parents...  Cool