cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being throttled?

gunnerkes

Am I being throttled?

Ive had a few problems over the last couple of months with my connection dropping out and then coming back on again. I could deal with this as its not like Im always on the comp. Anyways, recently my speed (usually 6.5mbps - 7mbps) has dropped drastically down to about 1.2mb (whereas before I was getting download speeds of 700kbps, Im currently only getting 100kbps Sad ). I used to have no probs watching vids on youtube or downloading stuff but recently its taking ages even buffering a film on youtube. My wife uses the iPad to watch vids and its so bad for watching vids now Sad Its the same with me on my laptop. I used to be able to stream HD stuff no probs, especially as I have the PRO add on. I was under the impression that the Pro addon does not suffer with throttling etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
These are the results from the bt speed test:
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 1 Mbps
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Am I being throttled?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gunnerkes,
Do check that link that Jim's provided there but I can tell from an initial look at things it sounds like the issue with speeds could be due to the disconnections you've been experiencing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gunnerkes

Ive gone to that link and done all the tests using the test socket but still Im stuck with a very rubbish connection. Its a bit confusing as my ping is currently at 35ms but then my actual dl speed is 0.56mbps... That is a proper rubbish dl speed considering I pay for the Pro add on with Broadband Extra package 😕 I also checked the current line speed and these are the results :
Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
HONINGTON
Estimated line speed:
7Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2012-02-22 15:07:47
Current line speed:
6.5 Mb
Its really annoying me now, hopefully someone can help Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

And what are your router stats? You need to post those here to provide information for other users to comment.
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gunnerkes,
I've just tried to run some tests but currently you are not connected. Is this something you are aware of?
Jojo Smiley