cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being slowed down

Bromder
Grafter

Am I being slowed down

Since moving into my property over a year ago I have from every broadband supplier been told my estimated speeds are 2.0 - 7.0 mbps, before joining plusnet I have on average for the last year always been around 5.0 sometimes went above when they were being really nice and hardly ever dropped below, unless a major fault on line as in once i was connected by tin wire at the exchange not copper and certainly not fibre that would involve spending money by BT.
My concern at the moment after various mistakes in getting my line transferred to plusnet is that I now sit at speeds exactly around 3.5 mbps download I have kept a close eye on this over the last three days checking speeds in the morning around 6.30am when I log on, midday and in the evening my speeds never change. Surely  traffic management is not being used on myself permanently? 
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Am I being slowed down

Traffic management cannot alter the speed your line is connected to the exchange at.
At the moment your line is synced at 4128, which as you are on 20CN gives a profile of 3500
I have noticed that the SNR target is a little higher than ideal, so I've reset your line which puts it back to the 10 day training period and should help improve the speed a bit.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
Traffic management cannot alter the speed your line is connected to the exchange at.

But it can alter the allowed throughput, as it's becoming quite clear you are doing with my connection.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No, we're not. We don't apply rate limits to the current products.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bromder
Grafter

Evening Chris
Many thanks for the reply, and your support, my speed is now back to what it has been for the last year, I am really concerned by your words "training period" what is this exactly and what happens during the next 10 days? Also what happens after the training period?
Can you also please put a note on my account for future reference that I joined plusnet on the 21/09/15 and as of 24/10/15 my line seams to only just made it back to normal (depending on the training period).
Regards