Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the usual things...

pvmb
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

All the usual things...

...intermittently noisy phone line, rising noise margin, dropping ADSL speed.
Plus now, every time I start the Plusnet TG582n router, the ADSL connects OK but I have to 'manually' start the Internet connection rather than this starting automatically.  Anyone know what the solution is? (To the failure to automatically connect to the Internet)
TIA.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 33

Re: All the usual things...

If you have a noisy phone line, you need to start there and get it reported, so someone can have a look and get it fixed. Once that's quiet and reliamble, it would be on to the other issues if they still exist.
pvmb
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If at all possible I would very much like to have my line reset. Thank you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

no chance until you get the noisy line sorted out as it will just go back to horrible after the reset
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 117

Hello there. I would recommend first plugging your phone & router into your test socket and if the noise continues to persist, we would need to book a line engineer to investigate the fault as this would likely be the underlying issue to any faults with the broadband.
From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff