Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the usual things...

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

All the usual things...

...intermittently noisy phone line, rising noise margin, dropping ADSL speed.
Plus now, every time I start the Plusnet TG582n router, the ADSL connects OK but I have to 'manually' start the Internet connection rather than this starting automatically.  Anyone know what the solution is? (To the failure to automatically connect to the Internet)
TIA.
4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: All the usual things...

If you have a noisy phone line, you need to start there and get it reported, so someone can have a look and get it fixed. Once that's quiet and reliamble, it would be on to the other issues if they still exist.
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If at all possible I would very much like to have my line reset. Thank you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

no chance until you get the noisy line sorted out as it will just go back to horrible after the reset
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I would recommend first plugging your phone & router into your test socket and if the noise continues to persist, we would need to book a line engineer to investigate the fault as this would likely be the underlying issue to any faults with the broadband.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button