cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alip problems

alip

Alip problems

I'm having very similar problems to millerc. I've been having connection problems now for approx 1 month and I'm not finding plus net technical support very helpful particularly when I can't maintain a connection long enough to carry out the endless tests that have been suggested and its very difficult to get through on the phone to plus net. I did order a new router which so far hasn't made any difference. This is all very frustrating, there is too much reliance on the customer to resolve or test for problems. I'm not an IT expert so would like plus net to sort this out or I'll be forced to cancel service and try another internet provider. 
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Alip problems

Quote from: alip
and try another internet provider. 

... who, if the problems persist (as is almost certain), will need you to do exactly the same things.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
alip

I've been having similar problems and frustrations with internet connection dropping out for about 4 weeks. Having performed all numerous tests asked for by plus net I'm still no further forward. Does plus net have any awareness that if there are connection problems the faults checker is useless. I've been with plusnet for at least 3 years and have not had problems as bad as this. Why should I pay for a such a poor service? I reckon plus net is oversubscribed. Also very difficult to get through to helpline by phone . About time plus net get things sorted rather their customers being asked to complete numerous  tests on their equipment. It looks quite clear to me from all the posts there is something wrong with the plus net service and not customers equipment. 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@alip,
I've asked the mods to split off your question into a new thread, hopefully in the broadband forum.  Can you please gather the information requested here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Invariably the connection problems you describe has NOTHING to do with PN services or infrastructure so they have no relation to "over subscription".  The "weakest link" in the delivery of broadband services is the phone line wires between your home and the street cabinet (d-side) - this impacts both ADSL and fibre services, followed by the cabinet to exchange wires (e-side) also impacting ADSL.
Is there noise on your phone line - all the time or any time?  Is there a correlation between phone calls and connection loss?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@alip - What checks have you done so far? We only ask that you connect your router into your Test Socket with an alternative microfilter?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

split off as requested
Also two threads combined to assist solving