cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplay via Pioneer VSX 527

Chibuku

Airplay via Pioneer VSX 527

Hi all,
I am unable to connect to my AV Receiver via Airplay from any device.  I have reset my router and the Airplay option appeared again for me to select, but would shortly disappear once I connected via my Pioneer app.
I recently moved to Plus-Net from Sky and started to experience this problem when I started using the Plus-Net router (TG582n).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Airplay via Pioneer VSX 527

Hi chibuku,
Is the Airplay set to a static IP at all? If so that could be part of the problem. Otherwise, are both devices (the Airplay and the TV) showing as connected to the router?
The more information we have about what's happening and what you've tried the easier it'll be to help Smiley
Chibuku

Hi Matt,
Many thanks for your reply.
I can confirm that none of the devices are set to have a static IP address and they're appearing on the network.
The AV receiver becomes available as an Aiplay option on my devices when the Ethernet cable is removed and plugged back in again.  However, this only lasts for a few minutes until it fails.
Alexburton

I am also having a very similar problem with the exact same router with philips fidelio wireless speaker. The philips app will transmit via the router to the speakers but the apple airplay icon won't appear on the ipad. I have read online and think it may be to do with a blocked port or qos but do t know how to fix this. Did this ever get resolved?
Chalky

I am also having a similar problem with the same router. Technicolor TG582n FTTC.
I only noticed this problem since changing from O2 router.
This has been briefly discussed with Plusnet helpdesk but higher priorities over the summer caused me to wait.
There are four devices involved in this Airplay problem.
Marantz reciever CR603, network connected by ethernet to port on Technicolor TG582n. all 3 ports behave the same. [Always use the same IP address:] is set to YES.
MacBook (S/W 10.6.8) computer connected by wireless to Technicolor TG582n. When connected by Ethernet port, behaves the same.
iPhone Music player connected by wireless to Technicolor TG582n.
Airplay facility is started by iTunes application on the MacBook, click on the Airplay icon, select "Marantz CR603", icon turns blue, then playing music powers
the Marantz CR603 then plays the selected music tracks etc.
After 1 hour 15 mins, the music stops, then when an attempt to re-connect by Airplay the MacBook pops up with an error message.....
"The Airplay device Marantz CR603 cannot be found on your network. Please verify your network connections or select another device"
There appears to be some type of connection time-out maturing after 1 hour 15 minutes (75mins).
After investigations where I can replicate the problem, I found the least intrusive way of re-enabling Airplay facility is to unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the
Marantz receiver, unplugging the ethernet cable from the back of the router would do the same.

I only noticed this problem since changing from O2 router to Plusnet router.
Plusnet advise me of an updated software for the router, software was then changed from 8.C.M.0 to 10.2.5.2, problem is the same.
Since then there has been updated software to Marantz receiver, iTunes,  and iPhone software but the problem is the same.
A Windows XP PC has been used with iTunes but the problem is the same.