cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 4 days without internet what do statistics tell us?

FredinSale
Hooked

After 4 days without internet what do statistics tell us?

After 4 days without internet due to a faulty line card at the Sale Exchange I thought I’d like to share detailed statistics for my line for the year to date in the attached pdf document . If anybody with more knowledge of the BT network can read the runes and interpret them, feel free.

How the data was acquired:

I replaced a TP-LINK modem with a TENDA router (yes I'd never heard of it, did a bit of Google-ing, found it was a Chinese company - paranoid so I improved my anti-malware defences - but most importantly it used a Broadcom chip so I could find the CLI/Telnet manual on the web). So I wrote a C# program to extract statistics using a Telnet interface every minute of every day. I also built an Excel macro to summarize the raw data. I then added comments when I built the summary spreadsheet.

I have summary & daily spreadsheets for 2013-2015 if anyone’s interested (It goes without saying that I am fully prepared to share the C# source & Excel macros – just send me a PM)

I would be interested to see any analysis of this data from any anybody who knows more about BT network than me.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: After 4 days without internet what do statistics tell us?

Had a look at your pdf, great stuff.

If you are after further analysis look on the kitz forum and use the 3 standard tools there; HG612 stats, DSLStats and the web service MyDslWebStats. There are experts on that forum who can look at the standardized format of these recording programs to give you any advice.

Ian