Fixes: 2

Re: Activation time?

within 5 working days AFAIK
IAn
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Activation should take 5 working days. Delays are pretty rare these days tbh.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I have just been chatting to one of the 'Online assistants' but wasnt very helpful to say the least, so here i am relying on your trusty folk!
Here is the scenario, and i am only asking because of the various posts i have come across RE: moving home problems etc.
A friend of mine is going to take Plusnet Broadband, however perhaps someone could re-assure me that the will be no problems caused by the following.
1. He was with SKY, they were supposed to be activating his line at the weekend but failed and told him it would be 15 days before it would be ready. Due to this delay he cancelled the broadband before it was setup and therefor there has been NO broadband on the line before and therefor there is no MAC key.
2. It is a BRAND NEW house, only just had BT line connected.
3. His telephone number has moved from his old house, if there is a check anyone can make over the phone number to see if there arelikely to be any problems i am happy to PM them it!
Also, how accurate is the line speed estimate, i live in an 80 year old house and am further away to the exchange than his brand new house, and it states he will get 2.5MB where as i get 8MB
Any help appreciated, the last thing i want is to sing your praises then you duff it up and make me look bad!!!!  Wink
James
Grafter

Marcus - Give me 5 minutes and I'll give you a ring.
It'll be so much easier that way.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Im at work James
James
Grafter

Right - ok.
If the BT line has been activated and there is no tag from the Sky install, there should be no problems.
If you PM me the number I can check to see if the line is clear.
lg47

Is it right that it can take 12 to 15 days for connection by just DD (ie not by card) ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@lg47 - It can, though that's down to the direct debit setup time which can be 7-10 days. If you want you can call up and make the initial payment with a credit card - as soon as that's done we can place the order for you.
James
Grafter

Just to add onto what Matt's already said.
If you pay by Direct Debit only, we won't place the order until the Direct Debit Instruction is set up, which normally takes 5 working days.  The broadband order then takes a further 5 working days to complete, so 2 weeks in total.
It's 5 working days (1 week) if you give us a credit or debit card to take the initial payment from.
lg47

There is no rush,I'll wait.
Thank you.